- Attestation/Affirmation from staff that they are not experiencing symptoms.
- Recorded on a staff screening protocol/daily log maintained by the designated person in the office.
- Daily staff screening protocols/daily logs saved & stored for a minimum 4 week time period in front office.
Itinerate Staff sample tracking log in the Oregon School Nurses Association’s Toolkit: https://www.oregonschoolnurses.org/resources/covid-19-toolkit
- Students will undergo a visual screening or will have an attestation from parents that they are not experiencing symptoms that day.
- Entry Plan with designated screeners who maintain the student screening protocols/contact logs for entry
- Entry student screening protocols/contact logs stored for a minimum 4 week time period in front office.
- If a student has any of the primary symptoms (see list below) from the visual screening, they will be sent to the office for a temperature check in the COVID-19 designated area.
- Primary Symptoms for screening taught to all staff.
- Fever (of greater than 100.4°F) /chills
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- COVID-19 symptoms may also include the following, but these are less specific and not recommended as criteria for exclusion from school alone: new loss of taste or smell, headache, muscle or body aches, nausea or vomiting†, diarrhea†, fatigue, sore throat, nasal congestion or runny nose.
- Some Chronic conditions may cause some of these symptoms. Staff will work with parents and health professionals. (Examples include allergies or asthma)
† Note that vomiting and diarrhea are listed in OAR 333-019-0010 as conditions for restriction from school, independent of COVID-19.